This course provides a systematic and comprehensive overview of project leadership and management. Topics covered include all aspects of project management from project initiation issues, RFP formulation, proposal decisions, preparation, and evaluation, project planning and implementation to organization, risk assessment, negotiation, and conflict resolution. Also included are project planning techniques such as PERT, CPM, Earned Value Analysis, and project monitoring and simulation using Microsoft Project software.
- Understand the systematic approach to project design and implementation including problem formulation, developing alternative solutions, project proposal process, implementation plan, risk assessment, monitoring and control, and closing the project;
- Demonstrate the use of modeling and system design tools in a project;
- Demonstrate the use of project planning tools including Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams, Critical Path Method (CPM), and project cost control techniques;
- Evaluate the issues that are critical to project success;
- Critically analyze the human-side of project management including project organization, leadership, and motivation;
- Evaluate the utility of various project management tools for different project contexts, and
- Utilize software in planning and controlling a project.