Innovative Mindset in a Diverse Economy
Entrepreneurship Mindset in a Diverse World provides students with an overall understanding of entrepreneurship while developing the mindset for thinking creatively, solving problems, and discovering opportunities. Students build competencies to recognize and apply innovative strategies and processes in start-up ventures and existing organizations, as well as barriers to creativity and challenges specific to groups of individuals based on gender, ethnicity, or social background. Strong emphasis is placed on understanding diverse organizational cultures and thinking outside the structured environment while dealing with real world applications. The course exposes students to concepts and principles engaged in mind mapping, adaptability, and personal assessment and self-reflection. This class can benefit students greatly in how to think and act from an entrepreneurial viewpoint which is useful for any career choice.
May 7, 2020
- Comprehend and apply selected concepts and terminology in creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
- Understand the specific challenges of entrepreneurship based on a diverse set of attributes such as gender, ethnicity, and social background.
- Understand how to use creative strategies to resolve interpersonal conflicts by displaying collaboration, teamwork, and leadership skills in an environment of diverse backgrounds and opinions.
- Develop positive attitudes and perceptions about decision-making, risk-taking, managing ambiguity and uncertainty, and self-assessment in learning: show curiosity and willingness to engage with new information.
- Practice organizational problem solving by using critical thinking skills to integrate and analyze information, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Understand and demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset through active participation in the group project and case discussions.
- Build capacity to manage change in order to develop a successful organization
- Comprehend the role of innovation in the process of developing, starting, and sustaining a viable organization.
- Display professional presentation skills through in-class presentation exercises as well as through development of a Personal Innovation Plan