The course covers common legal and human resources issues encountered by business owners in starting, growing, and exiting a business, including the choice of entity, financing, contracts, employment, intellectual property, potential areas of liability, and methods of sale of business.
- Knows concepts and methods of entrepreneurs at a level well enough to and can analyze the pitfalls one must anticipate, prepare for and respond to in a legal fashion.
- Knows laws relating to new business ventures well enough to determine how they impact new business venture success.
- Knows legal concepts and skills of entrepreneurs well enough to and can evaluate how entrepreneurs create and build value using the legal process.
- Knows legal strategies and procedures of entrepreneurs well enough to and can apply them to his or her career.
- Knows principles and procedures of legal documents well enough to and can use them in business transactions.