This course covers funding development principles, supporting marketing strategies and grantsmanship principles essential to the nonprofit sector. It stresses skills used to seek funding sources and to plan, negotiate, and manage grants and development projects. Evaluation is based in part on a major funding project researched and presented by the student.
- Knows the basic elements standard to most grant proposals; as well as key strategies to effective grant writing.
- Understands a systems approach to program development, project planning and budgeting and key approaches to needs assessment.
- Wrote a coherent concept paper focusing on key themes.
- Wrote a management report effectively providing recommendations for action within a non-profit organization.
- Conducted basic prospect research utilizing readily available resources.