Human Services Pre-Practicum Group Seminar
This course is designed to help students evaluate their readiness, prepare for and then select an internship site for Human Services. Examples of course topics include: examination of personal readiness, internship or career goals, review an array of possible internships and making an appropriate selection for practicum.
Prerequisite: This course is required to be taken the semester prior to when the student would begin the internship experience.
- Assess personal and academic readiness for an internship.
- Develop individualized internship goals, including: diversity & other special populations, ethics, personal growth, career plans and other interest areas.
- Examine a wide variety of internship possibilities and then narrow the field of choices. (An open mind is very helpful with this task).
- Identify and examine strengths and areas which might need improvement.
- Make an appropriate selection(s) for internship(s) to begin next semester.