This course comes at the end of the student's senior course work in human services. Students complete a human services portfolio assignment demonstrating what they have learned in human services over the period of time while studying in this program. This assignment helps students to reflect on their academic course of study (both theoretical and practical) and how it applies to the professional practice of human services. The written portfolio provides evidence of competence and is a way for students to demonstrate readiness for graduation and work as Human Services professionals. In order to complete the portfolio assignment students must complete at least ten (10) hours of community service in a Human Services Agency with a Human Services professional. The course culminates with students giving presentations on the agency studied and written about in their portfolio.Prerequisite: Completion of all other Human Service core and Human Service major requirements. Note: This course is open only to students who are in their last semester. Students must also be registered for the GRAD workshop, WKSP GRAD 81.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- The current issues and trends affecting human services professions as evidenced by engaging in research in a human services organization, assigned readings, and class discussions.
- The ethical considerations and implications in the delivery of human services as evidenced by engaging in the assessment of case studies, assigned readings, and student presentations.
- The methodology used to research and prepare a portfolio (searching for answers to questions and issues in the Human Services field) concerning the delivery of human services as evidenced by producing and presenting a scholarly portfolio.
- The theoretical and procedural aspects of general human service delivery of human services and can synthesize this knowledge and produce and present a scholarly portfolio assignment.
- The theory and practical application of Community service-learning.
|50||Human Services Capstone Seminar||Gess, Jarilyn Preston, Marilyn Jean||Books||Course details|
|50||Human Services Capstone Seminar||Corman, Michael||Books||Course details|
|50||Human Services Capstone Seminar||Gess, Jarilyn||Books||Course details|