This course is designed for professionals in the field of aging, and covers the normal physical processes of aging. Topics include health concerns, health promotion issues, and the biology and physiology of aging, as well as resources and services concerned with the physical needs of the elderly.
- Describe key health issues facing older adults.
- Differentiate normal, healthy changes with age from pathological age changes.
- Evaluate the health functioning of elders and recommend resources to assist them and their families to meet their physical health needs.
- Identify and differentiate health needs of older people living in the community versus those living in long-term care.
- Understand principles of health and wellness and techniques for measuring and assessing the health status of elders.