This course is designed to introduce some of the principles, laws, and organizations impacting international business transactions. Its primary goal is to develop an appreciation for, and understanding of, the legal and ethical issues inherent in doing business across international borders.
- Understanding the risks and key legal principles impacting international business including import/export, company law, trade law, intellectual property (licensing), employment law and dispute mechanisms.
- Demonstrating understanding of principles and critical thinking/reasoning abilities through oral and written communications.
- Developing creative problem solving techniques in both individual and team settings and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Developing critical thinking and reasoning skills to analyze business implications of legal decisions, legal implications of business decisions, and the ethical implications of both.
- Developing the ability to analyze and evaluate international legal and business issues using resources readily available to business people.