This course focuses on how to design and implement information services over the Internet from the client side. The course focuses on both usability and client-side scripting. Topics include the principles, strategies and policies of web page design, including the rules of good interface design, human factors, ethical concerns and information security. Through labs and programming projects, students also learn how to use current scripting and markup languages and how to employ state-of-the-art tools to embed interactive pages into Web-based applications.
- Understand ethical issues involved in web application development, including data privacy concerns.
- Understand server-side user authentication and file access.
- Apply web design principles, including of interface design, human factors, security practices and policies, to develop efficient web sites.
- Select appropriate solution approaches to develop web applications.
- Employ state-of-the-art tools to embed interactive pages into web based applications.
- Use current scripting and markup languages to implement simple and intermediate level client-side web applications.