Development of applications on mobile devices. Topics include virtual devices, layout managers, graphical user interface programming, component customization, resource files, and applications with audio and internationalization. Overview of different architectural models and comparisons. Applications will cover applications, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers, and will also utilize relational databases in the appropriate context.
- Understand and apply mobile design principles
- Refine requirements to suit mobile platforms
- Utilize the application development framework to create applications with good usability
- Use layout managers to create attractive user interfaces
- Apply the object-oriented paradigm and simple data structures such as lists and maps to design and implement applications
- Develop activities, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers . employ relational databases appropriately in applications
- Independently search for and utilize online documentation so as to be able to understand technological advances and apply them in applications