Development of applications on mobile devices. Topics include virtual devices, layout managers, graphical user interface programming, component customization, resource files, and applications with audio and internationalization. Overview of different architectural models and comparisons. Applications will cover applications, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers, and will also utilize relational databases in the appropriate context.
Note: Students are responsible to both be aware of and abide by prerequisites for ICS courses for which they enroll, and will be administratively dropped from a course if they have not met prerequisites.First day attendance is mandatory.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 10, 2014 to present
- Understand and apply mobile design principles
- Refine requirements to suit mobile platforms
- Utilize the application development framework to create applications with good usability
- Use layout managers to create attractive user interfaces
- Apply the object-oriented paradigm and simple data structures such as lists and maps to design and implement applications
- Develop activities, services, content providers, and broadcast receivers . employ relational databases appropriately in applications
- Independently search for and utilize online documentation so as to be able to understand technological advances and apply them in applications