The course focuses on how to design and build process, object and event models that are translatable into project specifications and design. Topics include an overview of systems analysis and design; a framework for systems architecture; design and development using data modeling; object modeling, entities, relationships, attributes, scope rules and influences; and event models, messaging and application activation.
- Use the Unified Modeling Language to document his/her work.
- Use analysis techniques to discover and specify objects/classes.
- Use design techniques to place methods in the appropriate classes.
- Make use of the most popular design patterns.
- Implement user interface code at appropriate times in Unified Process.
- Use principles of the agile methodology by following the Unified Process.