This independent study emphasizes alternative futures for computers and technology in the next 20 years. Its primary focus is the next decade covering alternative futures for computer architecture, computer hardware, computer software, computer applications, the office-of-the-future, people amplifiers and other areas of student interest. Various forecasting techniques are used to gain awareness of possible futures.
- Aware of possible developments in areas of computer technology such as computer architecture, computer hardware, computer software, and computer applications.
- Identify areas in computer technology that are likely to impact the students future.
- Research one area in computer technology that affects the students future.
- Gain practice in the process of forecasting change.
- Read and critically review literature on computer technology.
- Talk intelligently about the future impact of computer technology on society.