Database security has an immense impact on the design of today's electronic information systems. This course will provide an overview of database security concepts and techniques and discuss new directions of database security in the context of a connected commercial world. This course provides the information needed to develop, deploy and maintain a secure database solution. It exposes the pitfalls of database design, their means of identification and the methods of exploiting vulnerabilities.
- Analyze a relational database in terms of structure, design and implementation.
- Plan the best strategy to secure a relational database against known attacks.
- Examine potential flaws in commonly used database systems and how those flaws might be mitigated.
- Assess the vulnerabilities of modern databases and determine potential threats.
- Develop appropriate documentation to support database security.