This course introduces XML technologies, web services and service-oriented architectures. Current approaches to web service design and implementation will be discussed. Models for designing and implementing a service-oriented architecture will be discussed. Security considerations and emerging trends will be explored. Students will implement web services.
- Demonstrate expertise in reading peer-reviewed papers in service-oriented architectures and explain them in writing.
- Implement a moderately complex web service with a database backend.
- Implement a simple web service.
- Register a web service.
- Describe a web service interface using WSDL.
- Represent data using XML.
- Use XML documents/data to construct database records.
- Construct XML documentaries/data from database records.