This course is an integrated course emphasizing the design, analysis, and implementation of software information assurance system solutions by analyzing the current information infrastructures, software design, and applying software development, programming, testing, and engineering concepts.
- Implement a security software design using the principles of software design for an information assurance system, including open design, separation of privilege, and complete mediation.
- Evaluate security kernel principles, including operating system integrity and process invocation consistency, for a software design.
- Build a sandbox for abuse case development.
- Identify software deficiencies for system security.
- Perform architectural risk analysis for a software system.
- Perform code review using static analysis tools, construct a software testing plan and perform penetration and security testing.
- Demonstrate expertise in reading peer-reviewed papers in the field of information assurance, and explain them in writing.
- Know potential attacks to a software system, and can apply principles and techniques for preventing such attacks.