In this course, the student will perform the following activities: search the literature on specific areas, read papers in a selected area, study the methodologies used in the applied computer research, write and submit a survey paper based on the reading, and make an oral presentation of the results. It should be taken no later than the second semester.
- Know the current research problems in some of the major areas in computer science.
- Know how to search the literature for articles on a specific topic.
- Gain a perspective of research in Computer Science.
- Know the format of technical papers.
- Read and understand research articles.
- Understand the publication process in Computer Science.
- Write and present technical papers.
- Understand the process of starting, working on, writing, and defending an MS project/thesis.