This course explores audio as a creative spoken word/sound art form and you learn about podcast creation, international radio programs for development and digital storytelling. Students learn the craft of writing for the ear which can be translated to professional work in broadcast media, advertising, speechwriting or work as an independent artist. Through work as writers, directors and voice talent, students produce projects that range from short dialogue pieces and storytelling to news documentaries, podcast and radio plays.
- Students will understand the craft of writing for the ear.
- Students will write, direct and produce professional level radio plays, podcasts, radio documentaries or other audio projects that are suitable to air.
- Students understand how to work with voice talent.
- Students understand the radio/audio production process well enough to coordinate projects.
- Students develop critical listening skills and the ability to write professional reviews about radio/audio projects.
- Students develop advanced skills in interviewing and storytelling.