MDST 560 Writing for Television Comedy
This course focuses on the techniques of writing for television comedy with an emphasis on examining the professional writing environment on a television program, the history and trends involved in television writing and creating professional quality scripts. Familiarity with script software and full attendance in an intensive workshop setting are required.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 8, 2019 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Students learn about pitching story ideas, breaking the story outline, writing scripts, working with actors in readings and rewrites.
- Students learn about the history of television writing.
- Students create professional level final scripts.
- Students learn professional television writing skills and can apply them to the specific genre of television situation comedy writing.
- Students learn about the current state of the industry.