This course examines several frameworks to the management of organizational excellence, including Deming Juran the Baldrige Award, ISO and Six Sigma. Topics include customer focus, leadership, management by fact, strategic planning, human resources, continuous improvement of processes and business results.
- Demonstrate effective quality improvement training skills within selected organizational contexts.
- Discuss ethical issues confronting within the quality improvement context.
- Gain an appreciation of the complexities associated with implementing quality improvement changes within an organization.
- Study breakthrough quality in order to understand the operations of successful service and manufacturing firms that can be benchmarks for future management practice.
- Understand selected adult learning and training principles as they apply to quality improvement.
- Appreciate the organizational significance of managing the quality to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction, and improved productivity and profit.
- Describe how quality can be integrated with other elements of corporate and marketing strategies.
- Explain the theory, principles, purposes, and techniques of quality improvement.
- Identify and describe the broader quality management systems, and the way that these operate.