This course provides an overview of applications development methods for managers of information systems. The course assumes no previous programming experience. Students will learn how to develop and revise applications. Students will gain experiential learning with application tools and learn about application development methodologies. Students will also experience the prototyping process and learn about the future paradigms of application development.
- Achieve familiarity with programming concepts, including object-oriented and event-driven programming.
- Develop business applications that use databases.
- Learn Visual Basic techniques for Windows and Web deployment.
- Learn basic code design methods.
- Learn basic concepts of managing the application development process.
- Learn how to develop and revise applications
- Have experiential learning with application tools
- Learn about application development methodologies
- Experience the prototyping process
- Learn about the future paradigms of application development.