Telecommunications and Internet Management
This course explores the range of available network and telecommunications technologies and how they can be used to facilitate information access and dissemination at all levels of an organization and through the Internet. Trends of telecommunications services are analyzed. Telecommunications trends in the United States and Europe are addressed in detail. A range of emerging telecommunications services is explored as well as how such services radically alter the ways that organizations gather information for decision making. The widespread use of mobile technologies, the cloud and the World Wide Web has required many changes both in architecture and concept. The student learns how to manage these new environments.
- Articulate major components of Telecommunication and Internet Management.
- Articulate basic components of process improvement methods, telecom regulations, technical components in telecommunications, data privacy and security concerns and future telecom, IT and Internet services.
- Demonstrate basic business writing skills.
- Demonstrate informal presentation skills and simple media use in the presentation.
- Demonstrate informal research.