This course helps students understand the role of negotiations in purchasing goods and services to support manufacturing operations and service. Topics include: establishing negotiation objectives, analyzing and using various negotiating strategies and tactics, negotiating legally and ethically, and evaluating the effectiveness of negotiating policies, procedures and human resources.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 16, 2013 to present
- To recognize that negotiation is a vital part of our lives.
- To understand the fundamentals of negotiations.
- To understand the fundamentals strategies and tactics of negotiations.
- To understand how to resolve and manage differences.
- To understand the role of ethics in negotiations.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and understand negotiations in real world organizations.