This course is positioned as the capstone for marketing majors. Students critically examine contemporary issues in marketing including brand strategy, consumer behavior, marketing communications, pricing, positioning, the marketing of services, interactive marketing, and ethical issues in marketing. Students analyze case studies and read articles from a wide variety of business journals and texts. Special emphasis is placed on developing analytical skills and business writing and presentation skills. Emphasis is placed on understanding complex marketing situations, drawing conclusions, and making sound marketing recommendations.
- Demonstrate understanding of contemporary issues in marketing management including marketing strategy, integrated marketing communications, new product development, brand strategy, segmentation, and positioning.
- Analyze case studies across a broad range of marketing topics.
- Apply this case study approach to solve real life business problems.
- Strengthen critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Enhance ability to synthesize complex information into actionable insights and recommendations.