This course teaches a strategic approach to understanding and executing the full array of marketing communications. Topics include the essential role of integrated marketing communications (IMC) within the marketing function, product and service positioning, and the advantages, disadvantages and uses of various promotional tools such as advertising, sales promotion, publicity, public relations, personal selling and direct marketing. Special attention will be given to the constant changing role of interactive media. The course will focus on the process of developing effective IMC strategies that satisfy both promotional objectives and marketing goals, and developing an IMC plan.
- Demonstrate positioning and segmentation strategies in an IMC plan.
- Identify the roles and players within the IMC industry.
- Conduct secondary research to complete an industry analysis, company analysis, product analysis, competitor analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of advertising, radio, magazines, newspaper, direct marketing, public relations, sales, support media, digital and social media.
- Create examples of promotional tools including advertising, radio, magazines, newspaper, direct marketing, public relations, sales, support media, digital and social media.
- Develop a creative strategy and tactics through creation of an IMC plan.
- Explain how IMC campaigns are measured for effectiveness.