MUSC 220 Music Appreciation
A general introductory course designed to enhance listening enjoyment and ability. Exploring both the western musical tradition and world music. Emphasis on the elements of music, and includes in-class demonstrations and attendance at outside musical events. No previous musical study required.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 10, 2010 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Can identify and appreciate major art music forms in western music.
- Can identify components of music at a basic level.
- Has familiarity with a variety of world music forms.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
Goal 6: The Humanities and Fine Arts
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of works in the arts and humanities.
- Understand those works as expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Respond critically to works in the arts and humanities.
- Engage in the creative process or interpretive performance.
- Articulate an informed personal reaction to works in the arts and humanities.