This course is designed to expand the knowledge and skills of the LPN as they transition to the professional role within nursing. Emphasis is placed on health promotion through the lifespan and incorporates theories related to evidence-based practice, quality and safety, communication, collaboration, clinical decision-making/reasoning, informatics, assessment, caring, and health- illness continuum.
- Apply theories and concepts of social and cultural factors to provide prevention-based nursing care.
- Demonstrates transition to the role of the professional nurse within organizational systems.
- Apply credible, evidence-based sources of information to guide safe, preventative care.
- Describe how health promotion initiatives are organized and financed.
- Identify risk and or determinants of health while conducting a health history and wellness assessment.
- Reflect on personal and professional actions based on a set of shared core nursing values.