NURS 309 Holistic Nursing Care of the Adult I
This course focuses on the foundational principles of holistic nursing care of adults throughout the health/illness continuum Students will utilize principles of evidence-based practice, theory, and holism during the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of case-based nursing care. Emphasis will be placed on health promotion, illness prevention, and management of alterations of health and wellness in diverse persons and populations.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 20, 2010 to present
- Apply Modeling/Role Modeling theory to complex cases focused on alterations in health and wellness.
- Evaluate the concepts of health and illness utilizing a holistic, person centered worldview.
- Utilize nursing process to prioritize care for alterations in health and wellness.
- Describe the nursing role in health promotion.
- Apply professional standards and the principles of integrative care and evidence based practice to nursing care.
|01||Holistic Nursing Care of the Adult I||Merrill, Brenda A||Books||Course details|