This course focuses on the foundational principles of holistic nursing care of adults throughout the health/illness continuum Students will utilize principles of evidence-based practice, theory, and holism during the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of case-based nursing care. Emphasis will be placed on health promotion, illness prevention, and management of alterations of health and wellness in diverse persons and populations.
- Apply Modeling/Role Modeling theory to complex cases focused on alterations in health and wellness.
- Apply professional standards and the principles of integrative therapies/evidence based practice in nursing care.
- Differentiate the alterations in physiological and psychological functioning that result from changes in the person's internal and external environment.
- Evaluate the concepts of health and illness utilizing a holistic, person centered worldview.
- Explain the clinical presentation and nursing assessments/interventions required for health promotion and alterations in health and wellness.