This course focuses on the development of introductory holistic assessment skills, therapeutic communication strategies, and the identification of normal health patterns and functions for adults. Competence Statement: Knows the skills and techniques of history taking, data collection, and holistic assessment well enough to perform and record a comprehensive health history and client assessment for an adult.
- Discuss the importance of unconditional acceptance when eliciting a health history and performing a physical examination.
- Employ critical thinking strategies to develop nursing diagnoses based on health assessment data and analysis that includes concepts and theories of growth and development, unconditional acceptance, holism, systems and adaptation.
- Identify client indicators of health related to developmental, environmental, sociocultural, sexual, and family influences.
- Identify normal patterns of growth and development based on accepted norms and standards.
- Identify client indicators of health related to developmental stage, environmental and sociocultural factors, family, and personal identity.