This course focuses on prioritization, delegation, and supervision of nursing care of clients across the lifespan. Healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory environment issues are analyzed. Emphasis is on planning, collaborating and coordinating care for individuals and groups across the care continuum.
Corequisites: NURS 361 AND NURS 362.
3 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 10, 2014 to present
- Apply leadership and management skills with nursing colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
- Analyze healthcare policy, finance, and regulatory processes and their impact on the nursing profession.
- Collect outcomes data to provide evidence for quality improvement in a variety of settings.
- Apply concepts of quality and safety within a health care context.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership in clinical decision making processes in collaboration with other health disciplines.
- Utilize evidence supporting best practices in working with unlicensed assistive personnel and direct care workers.