This course expands on foundational knowledge of nursing informatics with emphasis on how technology can be used as a tool to improve client care in a variety of settings. The role of the baccalaureate prepared nurse in evaluating information systems in a variety of practice settings is examined. The issues of ethics, ergonomics, and nursing workflow as they relate to nursing informatics are explored.
- Apply concepts related to safety, ergonomics, ethics, laws, and regulations related to the use of technology for patient care.
- Define the nursing informatics role of a baccalaureate prepared nurse.
- Demonstrate knowledge about technology that promotes patient safety.
- Demonstrate knowledge about using technology for nursing workload measurement and management.
- Relate informatics activities in the workplace to the Minnesota E-Health project.
- Utilize computer literacy skills.
- Utilize information literacy skills.