This course examines global health issues that influence the delivery of holistic care at the local, national and global level. Emphasis is on recognition of the global, cultural, and societal factors that influence care at the local level. Theoretical frameworks are presented to guide planning of global health care delivery. The role of nursing in advocating for culturally responsive care of diverse and vulnerable populations is examined. Students are challenged to define themselves as global citizens.
- Recognize emerging global health issues.
- Analyze the impact of global health on local and statewide nursing care delivery.
- Recognize the role of the nurse in the provision of global health care.
- Evaluate culturally congruent care that protects and promotes universal human dignity.
- Reflect on ones' own beliefs and values related to health as a human right.
- Reflect on the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the health care system as related to nursing practice.