Nursing Leadership II
Prerequisite: Admitted to the MANE-BSN program.
Corequisites: NURS 446 AND NURS 459.
This course reinforces and expands leadership concepts introduced in previous courses and focuses on how nursing leadership influences client care and practice in the larger health care delivery system. Emphasis is on use of outcome data to evaluate care delivery systems and to propose performance improvement initiatives, considering enduring practice issues, policy debates and historical solutions.
- Integrate components of leadership, systems, and related nursing theories into professional nursing practice.
- Evaluate healthcare issues within the context of policy, practice, and economic implications.
- Participate in a quality improvement project focused on change within the healthcare system.
- Evaluate personal leadership skills when working with nursing colleagues, interdisciplinary teams, and community groups.
- Examine the impact of the evolution of technology on the delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluate system effectiveness in reducing risk of harm to clients and providers.
- Participate in political processes and grass roots legislative efforts to influence healthcare policy.