This laboratory experience focuses on the application of skills taught in N616. Students will practice interview skills, physical exam techniques and assessments across the lifespan. Demonstration of complete physical exam is required for course completion. Competence Statement: Knows the skills and techniques of a holistic assessment well enough to obtain a complete health history perform an age appropriate complete physical exam and problem focused physical exam, and provide age appropriate health promotion and anticipatory guidance across the lifespan.
- Demonstrate competency performing skills associated with a systematic physical examination of an infant, child, or adolescent.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a health history and developmental assessment of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal physical findings in infants, children and adolescents.
- Identify health promotion needs of an infant, child or adolescent based on developmental, social, cultural, familial, and environmental history.
- Plan age-appropriate anticipatory guidance.
- Utilize knowledge of childhood growth and development when eliciting an age-appropriate comprehensive health history and physical examination of an infant, child, or adolescent.