This course focuses on developing advanced skills in primary care management of adult and older adult clients with complex, multi-symptom illnesses. Etiology, clinical presentation, differential diagnoses, and management issues are addressed. The primary care provider's role as case manager of the person with complex, debilitating illnesses will be addressed. This course is a requirement for students in the ANP program.
- Analyze needs related to health promotion for adult and older adult clients with complex multi-system illnesses.
- Evaluate laboratory and diagnostic studies related to multi-system illnesses common in adults and older adults.
- Utilize evidenced based principles in the management of multi-system illnesses common in adults and older adults.
- Provide holistic primary care for adults and older adults with complex illness that is based on knowledge of etiology, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and nursing theory.
- Assess appropriate utilization of complementary therapies in conjunction with traditional medical protocols for adults and older adults with complex multi-system illness.