This course focuses on the development of advanced practice nursing skills in health assessment; including assessment of all human systems, advanced assessment techniques, diagnosis, concepts, and approaches from an anesthetic perspective Competence Statement: Knows the principles of advanced health assessment from an anesthetic perspective.
- Assess the relationship between the health assessment and diagnostic data to formulate problem lists and differential diagnoses.
- Perform and document a focused history and physical exam.
- Assess patients with clinical manifestations of altered mental health.
- Propose culturally sensitive plans of care utilizing evidence-based practice specific to the physiologic and pathophysiological alterations in health status.
- Formulate and conduct a general assessment survey.
- Assess the head, neck, thorax, lungs, and accompanying systems.
- Assess the cardiovascular and nervous systems.