This practicum provides nurse educator students with a guided experience in the process of laboratory, simulated and clinical teaching and student evaluation. Students will apply the teaching/learning concepts studied in NURS 681 and NURS 682 to a selected nursing educational activity. Students will work with a preceptor in the planning and delivering the nursing course throughout the semester. Student practicum experiences will be individually designed through use of learning contracts in consultation with the NURS 685P instructor.
1 Graduate credit
Effective December 14, 2010 to present
- Demonstrate the ability to teach clinical skills.
- Serve as a role model in practice settings for students and nursing staff.
- Use evaluation tools for assessing clinical practice and educational outcomes.
- Provide timely, constructive, and thoughtful feedback to students regarding assessment and evaluation criteria.
- Create a positive learning environment that fosters students¿ clinical learning.
- Apply concepts of ethical decision-making to issues arising from clinical teaching.
- Maintain clinical and community partnerships that support educational goals.