The Capstone Practicum is designed to provide students with an intensive practice immersion in preparation for the professional nurse role. Students will be precepted by an experienced clinician with on-going guidance from a faculty member. The focus will be on the coordination of holistic nursing care for diverse clients to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. In a clinical practice setting, students will synthesize complex theoretical knowledge, demonstrate competent practice, and evaluate client outcomes. Students will demonstrate leadership skills by developing a clinically-based project. Competence Statement: Knows concepts well enough to demonstrate evidence-based assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of safe nursing care.
- Analyze clinical and cost outcomes to improve safety, effectiveness, efficiency and quality in client care.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary providers to provide evidence based care for clients, families, and communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, prioritize and delegate in a clinical setting.
- Implement Modeling and Role-Modeling concepts in the provision of holistic nursing care.
- Synthesize research-based information in the design, implementation, and evaluation of care.
- Use information systems and technology at the point of care to improve health care outcomes.