This seminar course provides a foundation to the role transition from student to professional nurse. Emphasis is placed on synthesizing theories, principles, concepts and skills from nursing and other disciplines as a basis for implementing holistic nursing care directed toward healing in the human health experience. Students demonstrate integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical decision making in simulated complex clinical experiences and presentations. Competence Statement: Knows the art and science of the nursing discipline well enough to make the clinical judgments that ensure the provision of safe, holistic care required of an entry-level professional nurse.
2 Graduate credits
Effective August 16, 2013 to present
- Demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of professional nursing and to the professional growth of self and peers.
- Integrate knowledge of political, economic, social and ethical issues in decision-making processes that influence the quality of healthcare systems and professional nursing practice.
- Practice competent holistic, evidence-based nursing care with a focus on diversity and underserved individuals, families, communities and populations.
- Synthesize knowledge from the arts, sciences and nursing as a basis for professional nursing practice.
- Utilize information systems technology to improve nursing care to patients across the lifespan.