This course focuses on skills needed to find and critique a body of health-related literature and the application of evidence-based nursing practice. Content includes translational research approaches and evidence-based practice concepts. Students synthesize a body of health-related literature relative to application in an evidence-based practice model. Competence Statement: Knows evidence-based practice concepts well enough to synthesize evidence from multiple studies and combine it with the expertise of the practitioner as well as the patient preferences and values in the delivery of doctoral level advanced nursing practice.
- Apply principles of translating evidence into advanced nursing practice.
- Determine the basis for delimiting the scope and focus of the critical literature review.
- Evaluate and rank the evidence of the literature review for application to advanced nursing practice.
- Evaluate methods for conducting critical, systematic reviews of health-related literature.
- Explore a process to combine evidence from multiple studies, practitioner expertise, and patient preferences and values in the delivery of evidence-based practice.
- Identify research appraisal tools for evaluating the quality of scientific evidence.
- Synthesize a body of health-related literature related to advanced nursing practice.