Research Methodology and Advanced Evidence-Based Practice
This course focuses on skills needed to evaluate and critique research and analytical methods for a body of evidence applied in advanced nursing practice. Content also includes translational research approaches and evidence-based practice concepts. Students synthesize a body of health-related literature relative to application in an evidence-based practice model.
Competence Statement: Knows research methodology and evidence-based practice principles well enough to evaluate the quality and synthesize the evidence from literature, and apply to advanced nursing practice.
- Critique research methodology used in evidence.
- Evaluate analytical methods used in evidence.
- Evaluate methods for conducting critical, systematic reviews of health-related literature.
- Apply research appraisal tools to evaluate the quality of evidence.
- Synthesize evidence from multiple sources to inform advanced nursing practice.