This course focuses on practicum which includes enhancement of history taking and physical examination skills in addition to introduction of new pediatric concepts. Curriculum focuses on the advancement of clinical reasoning through case study examination, documentation review, and discussion with a pediatric focus. Students integrate knowledge of growth and development, family, culture, holism, community, and caring as they plan holistic care for clients in clinical settings. Issues that arise from the clinical setting regarding advanced practice nursing roles will be addressed. This practicum includes a minimum of 150 clinical hours with approved preceptor(s) with an emphasis in pediatrics. Competence Statement: Knows select acute and chronic concepts well enough to provide pediatric care in the clinical setting in collaboration with a clinical preceptor.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing a comprehensive and problem oriented history and physical exam across the lifespan in the clinical setting with an emphasis in pediatrics.
- Identify signs and symptoms of select acute and chronic illness across the lifespan with an emphasis in pediatrics.
- Order, perform, and interpret age-, gender-, and condition-specific diagnostic tests and screening procedures for select acute and chronic conditions across the lifespan.
- Synthesize collected data for use in primary and secondary prevention across the lifespan.
- Formulate a holistic plan of care that integrates the theories of family, culture, health, caring, growth and development and/or community for select acute and chronic conditions across the lifespan.
- Analyze the role of the family practice nurse practitioner.
|01||Primary Care Nursing III Practicum||Khaled, Dina Sakr Johnson, Kerry A Oehlke, Sandra Mary||Books||Course details|
|01||Primary Care Nursing III Practicum||Oehlke, Sandra Mary Johnson, Kerry A Khaled, Dina Sakr||Books||Course details|
|02||Primary Care Nursing III Practicum||Khaled, Dina Sakr Oehlke, Sandra Mary Johnson, Kerry A||Books||Course details|
|02||Primary Care Nursing III Practicum||Oehlke, Sandra Mary Johnson, Kerry A Khaled, Dina Sakr||Books||Course details|