This course introduces students to scientific and applied psychology, and suggests its application to everyday life. The course familiarizes students with concepts, principles, research methods and theories of psychology.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Understand the Scope of Psychology, the various areas in which psychologists work and do research and the scientific methods used to study psychology.
- Know various perspectives and theories of Psychology from contemporary and historical perspectives and how different perspectives address the same question.
- Gain a basic knowledge of Psychology sufficient to be prepared for advanced courses in Psychology and/or conduct conversations with others familiar with psychological theories and terms.
- Understand the helping and treatment side of psychology and how psychological theories are used to help people lead more productive lives.
- Gain the ability to apply Psychology to understand relevant events in the media and your own life.
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
|50||General Psychology||Blaxton, Jessica||Books for PSYC-100-50 Summer 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-50 Summer 2023|
|01||General Psychology||Wilwert, Valerie||Books for PSYC-100-01 Fall 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-01 Fall 2023|
|50||General Psychology||Blaxton, Jessica||Books for PSYC-100-50 Fall 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-50 Fall 2023|
|51||General Psychology||Hoffman, August John||Books for PSYC-100-51 Fall 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-51 Fall 2023|
|52||General Psychology||Thomas, Fanice Nyarinda||Books for PSYC-100-52 Fall 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-52 Fall 2023|
|53||General Psychology||Hinrichs, Bruce H||Books for PSYC-100-53 Fall 2023||Course details for PSYC-100-53 Fall 2023|
|01||General Psychology||Wilwert, Valerie||Books for PSYC-100-01 Spring 2024||Course details for PSYC-100-01 Spring 2024|
|50||General Psychology||Hoffman, August John||Books for PSYC-100-50 Spring 2024||Course details for PSYC-100-50 Spring 2024|
|51||General Psychology||Blaxton, Jessica||Books for PSYC-100-51 Spring 2024||Course details for PSYC-100-51 Spring 2024|
|52||General Psychology||Harder, Laura M.||Books for PSYC-100-52 Spring 2024||Course details for PSYC-100-52 Spring 2024|