This course seeks to help women maximize their potential career choices and take control of their lives. The objectives include helping each woman identify and understand her own values, interests and abilities; becoming familiar with and applying theories of career development and adult development as they pertain to women; using an effective decision-making process; and developing a personal career and life plan, and determining strategies to implement, review and revise the plan.
- Can apply these in the design of a research project and the development of a career goal.
- Can apply these theories and techniques to the self-assessment, decision-making, occupational research, and goal setting for women.
- Can assess the ideas of others as they relate to women.
- Knows how these theories apply to women and how they may differ from more general theories.
- Knows theories and techniques of career and life planning.