This class examines adults in transition, practical applications of individual differences in learning styles and research on adult learners. Topics include assessing adult learning needs and motivation, adult development, models for adult learning, and program development and evaluation.
- An emphasis will be on the scientific methods of inquiry used in the study of adult learning.
- In this course students will learn the learning theories in psychology as they apply to adult learning.
- Learning will also focus on applications of learning theories to areas such as education, business and behavioral change.
- Students will learn the historical development of these theories and also the current theories of learning.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.