The impact of technology on human and organizational behavior is examined within the context of psychological theory. Topics include challenges that technologies have created for individuals, social relations, and businesses; the effects of emerging technologies on self and others; and technology's effect on mental health and well-being. Students will explore psychological theories that address how and why we engage with technology and its products as well as the social and practical impacts of technology on the world today.
- Applications of the information to topics such as social relations, motivation and human organizations will be required.
- Evaluation of the historical impact of technology on human and organizational behavior will be required.
- Student will apply Psychological theory to the use of technology.
- Students will learn how research is conducted in human and technology interactions.
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.