This course covers the history and therapy of, and therapeutic intervention with, the unconscious. It may include such topics as creativity, dreams and dream interpretation.
4 Undergraduate credits
Effective May 1, 2010 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Analysis of dreams from a social and cultural perspective will be required.
- The student can apply these concepts to self and others.
- The student knows concepts and vocabulary of Dreaming.
- The student will analyze and interpret alternative explanations for current theories.
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.