Forums are on topics of current importance in the field of psychology and are offered in collaboration with the Minnesota Psychological Association. Students are asked to write papers summarizing the content and discussing the relevance of principles and practices presented to their own activities or within a specified hypothetical context. Specific topics are listed in the Class Schedule or announced in the Catalyst. Note: At least 12 credits in psychology, human services, or social work prior to registration.
- Student will be able to evaluate the validity of the information presented.
- Student will learn the scientific perspective and knowledge base of the topic of psychology
- Student will learn to apply this knowledge to both professional and hypothetical settings
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
|21||Acceptance Based Approaches for Weight Stigma and Client Weight Concerns||Stasson, Mark F||Books||Course details|
|22||Friday Forum: Clinical Issues in Adoption Through the Lifespan||Rydell, Susan T||Books||Course details|
|23||Caring for the Human Spirit: A Cooperative Approach to Whole-Person Care||Kleyman, Kerry S||Books||Course details|
|21||Update on Adult Psychiatirc Medications: What Therapists Need to Know||Kleyman, Kerry S||Books||Course details|
|22||Perplexing Problems in Psychological Practice: Decision Sci/Ethics/Risk Mgt||Stasson, Mark F||Books||Course details|
|23||MN Psychology Multicultural Summit: Difficult/Courageous Conversations||Rydell, Susan T||Books||Course details|
|24||Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia¿Skills/Knowledge Clinicians Need||Spielmans, Glen I||Books||Course details|
|25||Navigating Gender Dysphoria and Gender Diversity in a Therapeutic Setting||Cook, Carmen R||Books||Course details|
|21||Friday Forum: Black Male Suicide: Assessment and Intervention||Stasson, Mark F||Books||Course details|
|22||Racialized Labor, Racial Battle Fatigue, and Cultural Health||Spielmans, Glen I||Books||Course details|
|23||Phenotypic Differences in Girls and Women with Autism Spectrum Disorder||Cook, Carmen R||Books||Course details|
|24||Determining Decisional Capacity:Navigating the Gray in World of Black/White||Kleyman, Kerry S||Books||Course details|
|25||Friday Forum: Clinical Issues in Adoption Through the Lifespan||Rydell, Susan T||Books||Course details|