Forums are on topics of current importance in the field of psychology and are offered in collaboration with the Minnesota Psychological Association. Students are asked to write papers summarizing the content and discussing the relevance of principles and practices presented to their own activities or within a specified hypothetical context. Specific topics are listed in the Class Schedule or announced in the Catalyst. Note: At least 12 credits in psychology, human services, or social work prior to registration.Note: At least 12 credits in psychology, human services, or social work prior to registration. Grading is Pass/No Credit only. MPA fee is $15.
0-2 Undergraduate credit
Effective August 1, 1998 to present
Meets graduation requirements for
- Student will be able to evaluate the validity of the information presented.
- Student will learn the scientific perspective and knowledge base of the topic of psychology
- Student will learn to apply this knowledge to both professional and hypothetical settings
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.
|21||Friday Forum: Black Male Suicide: Assessment and Intervention||Stasson, Mark F||Books||Course details|
|22||Racialized Labor, Racial Battle Fatigue, and Cultural Health||Spielmans, Glen I||Books||Course details|
|23||Phenotypic Differences in Girls and Women with Autism Spectrum Disorder||Cook, Carmen R||Books||Course details|
|24||Determining Decisional Capacity:Navigating the Gray in World of Black/White||Kleyman, Kerry S||Books||Course details|
|25||Friday Forum: Clinical Issues in Adoption Through the Lifespan||Rydell, Susan T||Books||Course details|
|21||Friday Forum: PTSD, Complex PTSD, and Borderline Personality Disorder||Halvorson, Kimberly M||Books||Course details|
|22||Identifying/Addressing Therapist Burnout, Compassion Fatigue/Moral Injury||Halvorson, Kimberly M||Books||Course details|
|23||Friday Forum: Adapting CBT to Optimize Care for Diverse Patients||Blaxton, Jessica||Books||Course details|
|24||Friday Forum: Mental Health Education and Diabetes||Blaxton, Jessica||Books||Course details|
|21||Friday Forum: Talking with Children About Race and Other Social Identities||Frankard, Heidi Lin Malloy||Books||Course details|
|22||Friday Forum: Risk Management and Vulnerabilities: Yours, Mine, Ours||Rydell, Susan T||Books||Course details|
|23||Friday Forum: Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome||Staff, Staff||Books||Course details|
|24||Friday Forum: Resilience in Unprecedented Times||Blaxton, Jessica||Books||Course details|
|25||Friday Forum Topics||Staff, Staff||Books||Course details|