This independent study familiarizes students with the basic concepts and techniques of Adlerian counseling/psychotherapy. The teachings of Alfred Adler and Rudolph Dreikurs are examined in detail, including lifestyle analysis, early recollecitions and impact of ordinal position. Evaluation is based on an objective test, several papers and a lifestyle analysis.
- Describe the psychotherapeutic process in applied settings.
- Relate theory to application in a real setting.
- Define terms specific to Adlerian Psychology.
- Describe concepts underlying Adlerian Psychology.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.