This seminar is designed for students who have extensive practical experience in the areas of exceptional and special education. Content targets underlying theoretical concepts and ongoing potential for changes and growth in exceptional individuals. Overlap: PSYC 393 Special Education Overview.
- Students will analyze factors affecting the delivery of those services
- Students will develop general knowledge of fundamental principles and practices of special education.
- Students will participate in the assessment, planning and evaluation of special education services for children and youth with special needs.
Minnesota Transfer Curriculum
- Employ the methods and data that historians and social and behavioral scientists use to investigate the human condition.
- Examine social institutions and processes across a range of historical periods and cultures.
- Use and critique alternative explanatory systems or theories.
- Develop and communicate alternative explanations or solutions for contemporary social issues.