This course covers the nature of early childhood program administration, decision making and communication, leadership images, human relations, time management, employee motivation and evaluation, planning and organizing, and budgeting. Special attention is paid to the geographic location, ethnic composition and ages of the population being served, legal requirements for centers in Minnesota and other states, philosophies of child care and their impact on curriculum, and staff qualifications.
- Analyze and identify appropriate evaluation tools for early childhood program staff and overall program evaluation.
- Analyze geographic factors, ethnicity, socio-economic, and ages being served in child care centers and identify implications for the administration of a culturally sensitive and inclusive early childhood center.
- Develop a child care plan for opening a center with licensing, accreditation and budgetary knowledge applied.
- Identify strategies for maintaining positive relationships with families.
- Identify time management, planning and organizational skills as they apply to the administration of early childhood programs.