Through writing exercises and screenwriting assignments students will explore and practice writing in a variety of forms including adaptations, webisodes, scripted series, or other emerging episodic forms. Films and screenplays will be analyzed and discussed for critical and historical perspectives. Professional development opportunities will be introduced.
Note: This course may be taken twice for credit.
- Able to understand and synthesize story elements common to literature, theater, and screenwriting.
- Able to write a screenplay adaptation from a literary source.
- Able to write a screenplay, professionally formatted and ready for production.
- Can think and write cinematically.
- Have a knowledge of story structure at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of historical perspectives in screenwriting.
- Understand of screenwriting techniques and practices well enough to create and write an original short screenplay ready for production or the marketplace.